Publish On: 2019-05-20
Total Post: 752
Question: While selecting investment opportunities what safety should a firm has to follow?
Reply On: 2013-06-22
Total Post: 8
ANS: While selecting investment opportunities what safety should a firm has to follow?
A firm can invest is excess cash in many types of securities or short-term investment opportunities. As the firm invests its temporary cash balance, its primary criterion in selecting a security or investment opportunities will be its quickest convertibility into cash, when the need for cash arises. Usually, a firm would be interested in receiving as high a return on its investment as is possible. But the higher returns yielding securities or investment alternatives are relatively more risky. The firm would invest in very safe securities as the cash balance invested in them is needed in near future. Thus, the firm would tend to invest in the highest yielding marketable securities subject to the constraint that the securities have acceptable level of risk. The risk referred here is the default risk. The default risk means the possibility of default in the payment of interest or principal on time and in the amount promised.
- In Miller optimum cash balance what role does upper and lower control limits play?
- Explain Miller model of optimum cash balance?
- Define speculative motive in cash management.
- Define money market mutual funds.
- Point out the main functions of short term cash forecasts.
- Define precautionary motive in cash management.
- What are the advantages of short term cash forecasts.
- Define certificates of deposits.
- Which formula is used to obtain optimum cash balance?
- What is cash management?
warning: Please Login To Submit Your Answer
Like Us On Facebook for All Latest Updates